WE ARE FORGIVEN SINNERS
11th Sunday of the year (2016)
1. We are weak, easy to fall, especially, in sex affair.
- God was surprised at what David did. David, the great king in the first reading fell before a married woman. (Explain "anointed, delivered, gave, ... Why?"). It seems that God could not understand him.
- Why do they call the woman in today's Gospel sinner, bad woman of the city? Because (sorry to say) several men fell between the two legs of this lady. If not they did not call her prostitute. I believe that most of them got married, they had wives. But why?
Experienced seniors may give us an answer when they left us the saying: "The apple at the other side of the fence is always sweet". Many people in our society are having wives, but they get fed up of them and try to seek something new. Because they everyday they have been eating tezzet, they think rice is better, when they chop rice for sometimes, they get fed up with rice, they will think potatoes would be the best. But when those who have been eating potatoes for long, they would think rice seems better. And as they eat rice for sometimes, they will think maybe tizzet is the best, then they go for tizzet. Those eating rice would do the same.
That is why they have a business called "Sugar baby tour" for those who have got fed up with his or her own food. (Explain).
So, people are chasing for new experiences, desire or cupidity of human beings is bottomless. A container without bottom cannot be filled. Moreover, it is always empty. The more we have the more we want.
=> Be aware of our weakness. We can fall at anytime at all.
=> Be careful and avoid making chances to sins. Dating, temptations ... Take good care of your eyes, hands, looking and touching.
Last Friday, "If your right eye causes you to sin, pluck it out... If your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off, ..." Do not look, if that look leads you to sin. Do not touch, if that touch harm your soul.
If David had stopped looking at first sight, he would have not committed adultery, murder.
Partake heathy activities. Create heathy clubs, activities to spend times and anergy. Do not be free and moving around looking here and there, especially, where people are bathing, changing clothes...
2. God is not tired of forgiving us.
Incase, we have sinned, do not be afraid and delaying to come to God and ask for forgiveness. Mind only one thing: be sincere!
Look at David's case in the first reading: It seems that God forgave David easily.
But God knew what was going on in David's heart when David said "I have sinned against the Lord". That is why He used the mouth of prophet Nathan and said "The Lord also has put away your sin; you shall not die". David was so sincere that after his short confession, God immediately said 'I have put away your sin, you shall not die, be hopeful, try to start a new life, forget about the past.' In a few words, God has taken away the worries, distress and fear in David's heart and gave him hope that he would not die.
God was not mistaken when He decided to forgive David easily like that. Since that day, David changed his life, never came back to that old way and sinned again. His sincerity can be clearly seen in psalms of repentance. David wrote the whole psalms in the bible, 150 psalms. A big part of them are about his repentance. We can read one and see. Psalm 130 says "1. [Song of Ascents] From the depths I call to you, Yahweh:
2. Lord, hear my cry. Listen attentively to the sound of my pleading!
3. If you kept a record of our sins, Lord, who could stand their ground?
4. But with you is forgiveness, that you may be revered.
5. I rely, my whole being relies, Yahweh, on your promise.
6. My whole being hopes in the Lord, more than watchmen for daybreak; more than watchmen for daybreak
7. let Israel hope in Yahweh. For with Yahweh is faithful love, with him generous ransom;
8. and he will ransom Israel from all its sins."
So he used the rest of his life repenting, and praising the forgiveness of God for him.
We could see the sincerity of the sinful women in the Gospel which is also very clear. She came to anoint his feet, but tears fell, she wiped it with hear hairs, kissed his feet. All are from her innermost heart. And of course, she changed her life afterwards.
Be aware of our ưeakness,.
Come to God with sincere repentant heart. You will come back with happiness and joyfulness.